Tuesday, January 31, 2012

     Evening in the Winter

 Today I did some re-arranging in my living room..redid the mantle and moved a bookcase ...that's what I do in the Winter when I get bored....believe me there are things I could be doing...cleaning, baking, reading, but I think the Martha Stewart in me comes to life and I have to redo what all ready is good.....just think it would be better this way...you know" Good Thing" so bare with me I told a few pictures to share.............
 this is my buffet and hutch....a buy from years ago....an older gentleman in Northport,N.S. build this very rustic furniture and at the time I lived in a log home so the product He made fit ....I purchased several pieces from him , the drawback of the low prices was you had to finish it..sanding,staining....but getting 11 pieces for $600.....I can do the sanding and finishing touches.......
 re-arranging the bookcase gave me a opportunity to table scape of sorts....the small picture is of my parents on their 40th anniversary......
 this little cup and sauce I picked up at Home Senses when they opened here...it is a Spode...Blue Room collection...keep looking for other pieces.
 Of course you likely know by now that I like blue dishes...here is a teapot I got at Wheatons and the cup and sauce was another purchase at Home Sense
 this teapot I picked up at Winners, I worked there for about a year...and the cup and sauce was a yard sale purchase.
 love the glass cloche's I have about four of them in different sizes   use them on pedestals plates I have ...the little cup and sauce are Old Country Rose pattern a gift from my sister Ivy.....the pitcher was a gift from a friend who took a trip to Scotland and she buy this for me .....I love it... thanks for stopping by...
 
              Martha            

1 comment:

  1. Martha, you have some beautiful dishes! You were indeed fortunate to buy so many home made pieces of furniture for that price. I love shopping at Winners and wish we had a HomeSense here in town. Wheaton's is a nice store too. Have a great week. Pamela

    ReplyDelete