Thursday, February 23, 2012

 I have this self-diagnosed problem...I get bored in the Winter....
It begins with the feeling that everything I own is old and uninteresting,  and no longer liking the way my rooms looks, the  urge hits....I have to do something ... what are my options ........
1. go for a walk in the fresh air and return with a renewed passion for what I have...
2. get a piece of paper and re-design the room...moving around furniture and changing the pillows and pictures...
 3. is to call a friend and have them over for tea and muffins.
Not a difficult option and quite enjoyable.
Tea always seems to help!  and having a friend is Great....you can bounce some ideas off of them...
 If that doesn't work; well there are always magazines....and of course more tea...
I do love the pictures in magazines, they tend to capture the essence of a room...
filling me with even more ideas....
painting....no no no...I rent, that isn't an option.  But the new colors they have available...wow
Oh, there's food on this page....focus Martha, on the issue at hand...ideas for a fresh-looking room without spending any money or very little money...
Well, I guess you have the picture now...
I am not alone in this, there are lots of decorating and renovation shows on HGTV, comforting me with the fact , this is wide spread and curable.
I think my cure is moving the furniture and dreaming  my dreams for knowing that neither of them will cost me any money today...

Hope you found my  problem interesting if
nothing else...
Maybe you have similar issues...we should 
chat.......
Have a Great day  
These are some pictures from after the 
re arranging was done.
 
.

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone Martha! I think we all have that decorating bug out here in blogdom and it hits just about anytime of year with me - at least seasonaly. I love your little bistro chair. We don't have satelite or cable so I don't get to see HGTV. That's how I started blogging - following other decorators. But I also enjoy decor magazines and spend a lot of time perusing them. It's fun isn't it? Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete